Admission to CSU and the Dance Program Major is competitive and therefore it is important to apply early. Students are allowed to double major in dance and other disciplines.
- Our diverse faculty have exceptional training, expertise, and qualifications on a national and international level.
- Significant curricular and extracurricular offerings and requirements enable students in career preparation.
- Partnerships include the Fort Collins Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Poudre School District, and more.
- State-of-the-art facilities at the University Center for the Arts include the University Dance Theatre, spacious dance studios and production areas, labs, and classrooms.
- Exceptional guest artist residencies and master classes have included the Taipei Artists Village International Residency, David Dorfman Dance, Diavolo, Yunyu Wang, Tommy Parlon, Gabriel Masson, Katie Elliott, Viktor Kabaniaev, Salli Guitterez, Andrew Skeels, Pilobolus, Ailey II, Koresh Dance Company, Smuin Ballet, Catherine Cabeen, Larry Keigwin, ABT II, and Robert Moses’ Kin Dance Company.
- Dance alums have gone on to perform, teach, and choreograph on a national and international level. They work in related fields of arts advocacy and management, theatrical production and fashion design, exercise science and physical therapy, business education, and the Pilates Method. They are highly creative, disciplined, and productive, contributing to the advancement of the arts and other disciplines.
- Students receive an excellent general education at Colorado State University, a premier research university ranked in the top tier of the nation’s best universities (U.S. News and World Report).
- The CSU dance program is affiliated with the Colorado Dance Education Organization, National Dance Education Organization, and the American College Dance Association.
- Future curriculum proposals in Musical Theatre and Dance Education Teacher Licensing.