Why Dance at CSU?
Admission to Colorado State University and the dance major is competitive and therefore it is important to apply early. Students are allowed to double major in dance and other disciplines.
- Diverse faculty with expertise and qualifications on national and international levels
- Comprehensive curriculum with an emphasis on career preparation in a liberal arts setting
- Experiential coursework and leadership opportunities including supervised teaching, direction, choreography, and performance
- Individualized mentorship from faculty and
- Live musical accompaniment for technique classes
- Exceptional guest artist residencies and master- classes with world-renowned artists from
companies such as Compagnie Käfig, Complexions Contemporary Ballet, Martha Graham Dance Company, Keigwin + Company, Parsons Dance, and more
- Community partnerships with the Fort Collins Lincoln Center and Poudre School District
- Travel opportunities for majors to attend Colorado Dance Education Organization, National Dance Education Organization,
and the American College Dance Association conferences
- State-of-the-art facilities and immersive arts environment in the University Center for the Arts
- Excellent general education at a premier research university ranked in the top tier of the nation’s best universities (U.S. News and World Report)
- Ability to double major or minor in a variety of other disciplines
- Alumni achievements in dance performance, teaching, choreography, arts advocacy and management, theatrical production, fashion design, exercise science, physical therapy, business, education, and somatic practices